For more information on transfer resources, visit www.ccc.edu/transfer
It’s never too early to begin planning for transfer. City Colleges of Chicago Transfer Centers exist to help students plan for a seamless transition to four-year institutions. The Transfer Director at each college oversees an annual cycle of programs and services. At your Transfer Center you can:
- Find out about CCC’s partnerships with four-year institutions
- Identify four-year institutions that might be a good fit
- Match your graduation plan with your transfer goals
- Obtain college application fee waivers (pending eligibility)
- Receive scholarship assistance during the transfer process
Transfer Events at City Colleges
- Transfer Fairs: Over 100 colleges and universities come to City Colleges annually to recruit students. Students are encouraged to attend these fairs to plan for transfer.
- College Recruitment Visits: When school is in session, colleges and universities recruit students by making “table visits,” Monday through Thursday at every City College.
- The Transfer-mation Conference: This District-wide event provides students with the opportunity to learn about career options, transferring with ease to colleges and universities and how personal goals can become a reality. Current students and alumni are invited to attend.
- On-site Admission Days: Eligible students can receive on-site admission, meet with selective enrollment admissions staff and get their financial aid packages up to one year prior to transferring.
- College Success: These classes include introductions to transferring for new students.
Transfer Partnerships with City Colleges
Partnerships between City Colleges of Chicago and four-year institutions provide a smooth transition for CCC students into the college or university of their choice. The CCC Transfer Pages are continually updated with new transfer resources.
- Scholarship Partners: CCC has partnered with several colleges and universities to assist our students in gaining the necessary funds to complete their bachelors degree, including the CPS graduates who are awarded the Chicago Star Scholarship at CCC.
- Admission Partnerships: Consider signing up for Dual Admission, Guaranteed Admission, and Dual Enrollment partnerships with local, outstanding universities.
- Program Articulation Partnerships: CCC partners with many colleges and universities to increase the number of courses and programs that transfer from CCC to a 4-year institution. Be sure to work with the Advisor at CCC and at our 4-year partner to register for the courses that will transfer to your major program at the 4-year.
- Transfer Guides: Colleges and universities have created Transfer Guides for CCC students to use when planning for transfer.
Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI)
City Colleges participates in Illinois Articulation Initiative, or IAI, a comprehensive state-wide effort among more than 100 colleges and universities in Illinois to facilitate the transfer of general education credits. Advisors will direct students to take IAI general education courses to fulfill the general education requirements whenever possible, since transfer is guaranteed by so many Illinois colleges.
- Students who complete the AA or AS degree at CCC or complete the CCC General Education Core Curriculum (GECC) Credential, and meet the admission requirements of an IAI-participating baccalaureate degree-granting institution to which they transfer, will have completed the lower-division general education requirements for an associate or baccalaureate degree in lieu of the receiving institution’s general education requirements.
- Students who complete courses with IAI status at the college where the course is taken have the assurance that the course will be accepted for transfer, often as a direct equivalency, at participating institutions.
MyCreditsTransfer Powered by Transferology
MyCreditsTransfer is a statewide initiative designed to facilitate transfer within Illinois using the nationally available tool, Transferology. Within Transferology students can find out how courses transfer between institutions, how courses satisfy degree requirements and the different majors institutions offer. City College students can create an account in Transferology and with the touch of a button can import all of their CCC courses, allowing students to see how they will transfer to colleges by major. City College advisors and students use this system every day to plan for transfer.
Reverse Transfer of Credit
If you transfer to another college or university before completing your degree at City Colleges of Chicago, you can still earn an associate degree through the Reverse Transfer of Credit. Students who transfer to a four-year college or university can transfer back college credits to satisfy degree requirements at CCC.